Tuesday, December 3, 2019

A Little Bit About My Process

Hi , Just sharing a bit about how I create my enamel jewelry.

Plain copper shapes ready for enamel powders

Copper forms are my first priority.....next is cleaning, shaping, and doming. This may take a day or two, depending on the number of shapes.

Colors are fun to try ...mainly I start with white and kiln fire to 1500 degrees to create a base. More cleaning,

then I sift glass enamel powders onto the metal forms. Firing , possibly mutiple times , always

 paying attention to the back of the pieces. These need to be sifted and fired as well.



Sculptural Enamel Earrings, Sun Yellow

These glass enamel earrings are tumbled to smooth the edges and refine the colors. This process takes up to 2 hours. I love to create sculptural pieces.


Sterling silver ear wires complete the look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Millefiori Jewelry Thousand flowers.... is the meaning ....these glass jewels have been kiln fired onto copper sheet creating these...